Whole30 Approved Instant Pot Beef Strw
I am on a ROLL with my new Instant Pot, I can not believe it took me so long to bite the bullet! This beef stew turned out amazing, the meat was so tender it fell apart. Cook and prep time was a little over an hour but it tasted like it had been cooking ALL Day. Thanks to The Domestic Man for the inspiration!
What you need:
3 lbs chuck roast, cut into chunks 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp black pepper 2 tbsp tapioca flour
2 tbsp ghee
1/2 onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tbsp tomato paste 3/4 cup red wine (I used Merlot) 3 cups beef broth
3 parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
2 Portobello Mushroom caps, cut into chunks 1.5 lbs red potatoes , cut into chunks 3 sprigs fresh thyme Salt and Pepper to taste
What you do:
1. Combine the beef, salt, pepper and flour, toss to cover evenly.
2. Plug in your Instant Pot and press the “Sauté” button. Once pot is HOT add the ghee, once melted - Add 1/2 of the beef and sauté until browned, about 6 minutes, then remove the beef and add another 1/2 of the beef. (Please note my pot is 8 qrt so if you are using a smaller pot you may need to do it in 3 batches) Set aside cooked beef.
3. Add the onion and sauté until softened, then add the garlic and tomato paste. Sauté until fragrant , then add the wine and broth. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the beef with any accumulated juices, carrots, parsnips, celery, potatoes, mushrooms and sprigs of thyme.
4. Cover and set the Instant Pot to “Meat/Stew” (high pressure) for 20 minutes. Once the Instant Pot finishes, wait until it depressurizes, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Gently remove the solid ingredients from the pot and set aside. Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté” again and simmer the sauce until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Taste and add salt or pepper if needed. Return the solid ingredients to the pot, then serve.
Looking for daily motivation, inspiration, clean eating recipes and fitness tips ⭐⭐ JOIN ME HERE ⭐⭐
Are looking for a coach, friend, someone to relate to YOUR struggles, celebrate your victories and overall SUPPORT your journey????
I'd love to add you to my next challenge group!
⭐⭐ READ MORE HERE ⭐⭐
PINTEREST ADDICT - ME TOO
⭐⭐ FOLLOW ME HERE ⭐⭐